I was tagged by Jacquie @ Rattle the Stars and thought it sounded like a lot of fun. I know I have tons of other tags to catch up on too but I couldn’t resist music on another day other than Monday. This will probably get very very interesting because who knows what we’ll get since I collect songs the way I collect books. LOL So on with the tag….
- Thank the person who nominated you for this tag and link to their blog.
- Shuffle your entire music library (no matter how old songs the songs are) and talk about the FIRST FIFTEEN songs that come up (anything like why they are there, if they signify something, any story, why you like them, etc.)
- Mention the songs as well as the artists.
- Tag 7 people or more to do this tag and please let them know!
1. Pretty Maids – Scream
Pretty Maids are a Danish metal band that an ex turned me onto years ago. They have been around since the 80s but were never popular in the U.S. This song is from the early 90s and I do believe they are still recording.
2. Florida Georgia Line ft. Nelly – Cruise
Of course there’s different versions of this one but I’ve always liked the one with Nelly in it. He pretty much seems to collaborate with everyone and the songs are quite fun.
3. Michael Jackson ft. Paul McCartney – The Girl is Mine
A couple of music legends do I really need to say more?
4. Krokus – Let This Love Begin
Ok, back to the 80s metal. In all fairness we’re lucky it doesn’t pick all 15 songs from 80s metal bands because believe me I had a thing for the guys with long hair back in the day.
5. Megadeth – Anarchy in the UK
There’s a bunch of different covers of this song and I’ve actually got a few different ones so hopefully we don’t get the same song a few times in a row either.
6. Trace Adkins – Honky Tonk Badonkadonk
Before this song I didn’t know a badonkadonk was a thing and if you don’t know I’m not ‘splainin’ it….
7. Beach Boys – Surfin’ U.S.A.
Another classic. Who doesn’t love the Beach Boys? 🙂
8. George Clinton – Atomic Dog
Time to test out the bass. I keep warning everyone you’ll never know what is next.
9. Wild Cherry – Play that Funky Music
Another oldie but goodie with a great beat too it. Have loved this one for years and years and years.
10. Will Smith – Wild Wild West ft. Dru Hill, Kool Mo Dee
Hey it’s the one from that movie guy who’s parents just don’t understand…
11. Eagles – Hotel California
Another classic. Eagles just have so many iconic songs and I love them all.
12. Rupert Holmes – Escape
Or better known as the Pina Colada song that no one really remembers what the real title/artist is. I’m not even sure if Rupert Holmes had other songs but boy do I love this one.
13. Carly Rae Jepsen – Call Me Maybe
Most people consider #13 unlucky so maybe it is because this is one of those stuck in your head songs whether you like it or not….
14. Santana ft. Rob Thomas – Smooth
Absolutely love Rob Thomas’s voice and combining with the legendary Santana this was an insta-love song for me.
15. Limp Bizkit – Break Stuff
And we finish it off with another older metal song but at least it didn’t head back to the 80s.
I could probably do this every week for years and not play out all the tunes I’ve collected over the years. Definitely a lot of fun to do. Of course everyone already knew I had pretty crazy taste that spans back decades and decades.
No pressure if you don’t want to join in or if you don’t get a mention here and want to do this one feel free to join anyway.
- Drew @ The Tattooed Book Geek
- Dani @ Touch My Spine Book Reviews
- Dee @ Dee’s Rad Reads and Reviews
- Carla @ Carla Loves To Read
- Jennifer @ Jennifer ~ Tar Heel Reader
- Des @ Des’ Random Thoughts